Handi Van Inc. is collateral damage in the “War on Taxis”.
Read about the problems caused by two radically different inspection reports on one van, and our steps to get a solution we can live with.
We have been appealing to everyone we can think of for help, in a step by step approach. We need either a break from the City allowing the use of this vehicle, or a new vehicle we cannot afford at this time. Which is the bigger miracle? Maybe we should have started with a letter to Santa and Oprah. Because at this rate we are going to need to replace all our vehicles as they are inspected in the next couple months. (There is no use stripping, painting, replacing windows and doors, refinishing the interior, on a vehicle which must be phased out within two years over age, and which still could be re-inspected endlessly.)
- 2 Inspection Reports & Preliminary Estimate
- Step 1 Letter to Salt Lake City Ground Transportation Manager – Larry Bowers
- Step 2 Letter to a City Councilman
- Step 3 Letter to the Chair of the City Council and copies to the whole Council
- Step 4 Letter to the Salt Lake City Attorney Russell Weeks
- Step 5 letter to Mayor Becker
- step 6 correspondence from Larry Bowers and reply
- step 7 – letter to Mayor & City Council responding to Mr. Bowers
- step 8 – January City Council meeting